Sage 50 Accounting Level 1 Online Course
25 Course Hours | Fee $360 | 3 month access | Assigned Instructor
Customized For Easy Learning
In this course, you will learn the simplicity of using Sage 50 Accounting from start to finish.
You’ll begin by learning to navigate in the program, create a new company and setting up the company settings and understanding how they affect the automation of features and functions in a company, and also learn how to customize a Chart of Accounts. You’ll experience recording many daily transactions in the various journals; General Journal entries, sales invoices, receipts, expenses, payments, credit cards, sales tax payments, banking transactions, and learn to complete a business’s month end of Financial Statements and Reporting.
Our instructional video tutorials offer more than just demonstrations of performing daily accounting transactions, they provide information on bookkeeping and office procedures, all Canadian content, best practices examples, and many consultants’ tips and tricks.
This course is set apart from any other Sage 50 Accounting Course, as our hands-on exercises take you step-by-step and prepares you to work with Sage 50 Accounting in a business. You are assigned to an instructor to help you if you have questions.
This course simply provides exceptional value! Join the thousands of Canadian office workers, Bookkeepers, Accountants and Business Owners who have completed this course successfully and are now working with Sage 50 efficiently and confidently. Ensure to read our students testimonials who have completed the course and how it helped them in finding a job or in starting their business.
Sage 50 Accounting Level 1 Online Course
- Navigating in Sage 50 Accounting (Canadian)
- Creating a company in Sage 50 Accounting
- Understanding the importance of Settings and Preferences and automating the system
- Editing the Chart of Accounts and understanding the purpose of Linked Accounts
- Recording General Journal entries and other daily transactions
- How to un-do or adjust transactions and to easily make corrections
- Customer management and maintenance, Sale Invoices, and Customer Payments
- Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable
- Vendor management and maintenance, bills, expenses and payments by Cheque, Cash and Credit Cards
- Company Credit Cards Charges and maintenance
- Sales Tax Reporting and Payments, Recurring Transactions and other time saving features
- Banking transactions; Transfer Funds, Deposit Slips, Reconciliation for Bank and Credit Card Accounts
- Financial Statement reporting: Trail Balance, Income Statement, Balance Sheet
- Report Centre and generating many reports
- Month-end process and procedures
- Importance of Database Management and backing up a company
Up To Date Curriculum
All instructional materials are included in the course fee and are as follows:
- Course Outline and Get Stated Guide
- Assigned instructor for support and to answer questions
- Sage 50 Accounting Level 1 Instructional lesson video tutorials (13 hours of videos)
- Sage 50 Accounting Level 1 hands-on, step-by-step exercises and resources
- Sage 50 Accounting 2019 Students Program (for educational use only)
- 3 months course access, at anytime from anywhere
- Certificate upon completion
Requirements and Frequently Asked Questions
What are the prerequisites? There are no prerequisites to take this course.
Who should take this course? Anyone who is new to Sage 50 Accounting and wants to learn to use the program proficiently (office staff, assistants, data-entry clerks, bookkeepers, accountants) or for anyone who wants to update their Sage 50 Accounting skills and learn the new automated features to help save time.
When can I get started? You can get started on this course anytime your schedule permits.
How does this courses work? Once registered, you will receive a welcome email from your instructor with your login to access the course students page and to get started. On the course page, the lessons are laid out in an easy step-by-step format, with a Get Started Guide and lessons comprising of materials, instructional videos, exercises and resources.
Where can I access the course from? This course is online and has access 24/7 from anywhere using a computer.
How long does the course take? You have three-months access to the course; an access expiry date is assigned at registration. The hours to complete this course is approximately 25 hours. On average, for people who are not working will complete the course in one to two weeks. For people who are working, on average it takes two to three weeks to complete.
How Do the Video Tutorials Work? The instructional video tutorials are accessed from the course students page and are easy to view. The videos can be viewed many times, from anywhere, at any time, so you can learn at your own pace and on your schedule. To experience the level of content and quality of our videos, go to our YouTube channel and have a look at our free videos.
Which Sage 50 Accounting Program is this course applicable to? This course is applicable to all Sage 50 Accounting Canadian Programs: Sage 50 Accounting 2019, Sage 50cloud (2019 renamed), Sage 50c, 2018 to 2013 and Simply Accounting 2012. To the Editions of Pro, Premium, and Quantum (Enterprise).
Note: In 2019 Sage 50 Accounting changed the name to Sage 50cloud, there is no difference, only a name change. The name change is to reflect the add-on cloud solutions available to use with the program. It is still a desktop program. Also, Simply Accounting is the same program as Sage 50 Accounting Canadian, the name was changed in 2012.
What are the Computer Requirements? A computer with internet connection is needed to access the course materials, view the videos and to use the Sage 50 Accounting Program.
Who’s the Instructor? Sue du Puy shares 30+ years of business, accounting and bookkeeping experience with you. She has consulted and trained hundreds of Bookkeepers, Accountants and Business Owners across Canada and beyond on the Sage 50 Accounting Program, she is an expert on the program. Sue cares about her students and is committed to ensure her students learn skills and prepares them in moving their career to the next level.
How do I contact the instructor for questions or if I need help? Your instructor is there to ensure you succeed in the course and is in communication with you thought-out the course. The Sage 50 Accounting exercise reports are reviewed by the instructor and feedback is provided. If additional help is needed, you can either call or email your instructor. We also provide remote support to students when needing to help them in the Sage 50 Program.
Do I Receive a Certificate? Yes, a certificate is issued to students who successfully complete the required exercises.
How Do I Register? We offer easy online registration, select the Register button on the page. We accept payment with Visa, MasterCard, PayPal, e-Transfer and Cheques. We do not accept American Express. Registration and payments are secure, and we do not share or sell your information. If you prefer to register over the phone, please give our office a call (855) 422-5861.