Sage 50 Accounting Level 1 Online Course
25 Course Hours | Fee $360 | 3 month access | Assigned Instructor
Customized For Easy Learning
In this course, you will learn the simplicity of using Sage 50 Accounting from start to finish.
You’ll begin by learning to navigate in the program by creating a new company and setting up the settings to understanding how they affect the automation of features and functions and also learn how to customize the Chart of Accounts. You’ll experience recording daily transactions in the various journals; General Journal entries, sales invoices, receipts, expenses, payments, credit cards, sales tax payments, banking transactions, and learn to complete a business’s month end of Financial Statements reporting.
Our instructional video tutorials offer more than just demonstrations of performing daily accounting transactions, they provide information on bookkeeping and office procedures, all Canadian content, best practices, and many consultants’ tips and tricks.
This course is set apart from any other Sage 50 Accounting Course, as our hands-on exercises take you step-by-step and prepares you to work with Sage 50 Accounting in a business. You are assigned to an instructor to help you during the course and to answer questions you may have.
This course simply provides exceptional value! Join the thousands of Canadian office workers, Bookkeepers, Accountants and Business Owners who have completed our courses successfully and are now working with Sage 50 Accounting confidently. Ensure to read our testimonials of students who have completed the course and how it has helped them in finding work or have started their own business.
Sage 50 Accounting Level 1 Topics
- Navigating in Sage 50 Accounting (Canadian)
- Creating a company in Sage 50 Accounting
- Understanding the importance of Settings and Preferences and automating the system
- Editing the Chart of Accounts and understanding the purpose of Linked Accounts
- Recording General Journal entries and other daily transactions
- How to un-do or adjust transactions and to easily make corrections
- Customer management and maintenance, Sale Invoices, and Customer Payments
- Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable
- Vendor management and maintenance, bills, expenses and payments by Cheque, Cash and Credit Cards
- Company Credit Cards Charges and maintenance
- Sales Tax Reporting and Payments, Recurring Transactions and other time saving features
- Banking transactions; Transfer Funds, Deposit Slips, Reconciliation for Bank and Credit Card Accounts
- Financial Statement reporting: Trail Balance, Income Statement, Balance Sheet
- Report Centre and generating many reports
- Month-end process and procedures
- Importance of Database Management and backing up a company
Up To Date Curriculum
All instructional materials are included in the course fee (no additional costs) and are as follows:
- Course Outline and Getting Stated Guide
- Assigned instructor for support and to answer questions
- Sage 50 Accounting Level 1 Instructional lesson video tutorials (13 hours of videos)
- Sage 50 Accounting Level 1 hands-on, step-by-step exercises and resources
- Sage 50 Accounting 2020 Students Program (for educational use only)
- 3 months course access, at anytime from anywhere
- Certificate upon completion
Requirements and Frequently Asked Questions
What are the prerequisites? There are no prerequisites to take this course.
Who should take this course? Anyone who is new to Sage 50 Accounting and wants to learn to use the program proficiently (office staff, assistants, data-entry personal, Bookkeepers, Accountants) or for anyone who wants to update their Sage 50 Accounting skills and learn new automated features to help save time.
When can I get started? You can get started on this course anytime your schedule permits.
How does this courses work? Once registered, you will receive a welcome email from your instructor with your login to access the course student page and to get started. On the course page, the lessons are structured in an easy step-by-step format, with a Getting Started Guide and lessons comprising of materials, instructional videos, exercises and resources.
Where can I access the course from? This course is online with 24/7 access from anywhere using a computer with internet connection.
How long does the course take? You have three-months access to the course; an access expiry date is assigned at registration. The hours to complete this course is approximately 25 hours. On average, for people who are not working will complete the course in one to two weeks. For people who are working, on average it takes two to three weeks to complete.
How Do the Video Tutorials Work? The instructional video tutorials are accessed from the course students page and are easy to view. The videos can be viewed multiple times to learn at your own pace and schedule. To experience the level of content and quality of our videos, go to our YouTube channel and view our free videos.
Which Sage 50 Accounting Program is used in this course? The course exercises use the Sage 50 Accounting 2020 Students Program (Premium). The Students Program is provided for students to gain experience using the software. Today Businesses use the 2020 program and we help our students to be prepared and job ready.
Which Sage 50 Accounting Program is this course applicable to? This course is applicable to all Sage 50 Accounting Canadian Programs: Sage 50 Accounting 2020, Sage 50cloud (2019 re-named), Sage 50 Accounting 2019 to 2013 and Simply Accounting 2012. To the Editions of Sage 50 Pro, Premium, Quantum (Enterprise).
Note: In 2019 Sage 50 Accounting changed the name to Sage 50cloud, there is no difference, only a name change. The name change is to reflect the add-on of cloud solutions available to use with the program. It is still a desktop program. Also, Simply Accounting is the same program as Sage 50 Accounting Canadian, the name was changed in 2012.
What are the Computer Requirements?
- A computer with Windows 8.1 or 10 (Desktop or Laptop)
- Internet connection
- Video player to view videos
- Adobe Reader to read and save PDF documents
- Printer to print documents
Note: A MAC computer can be used for this course, if it has the Windows OS installed on it. MAC computers use the program Apple Boot Camp to partition the hard drive and Windows OS is installed on the partitioned drive. We encourage setup to be completed by an IT professional and additional fees may apply.
Who’s the Instructor? Sue du Puy shares 30+ years of business, accounting and bookkeeping experience with you. She has consulted and trained hundreds of Bookkeepers, Accountants and Business Owners across Canada and beyond, she is an expert on the Sage 50 Accounting Program. Sue cares about her students and is committed to ensure they learn the skills needed and prepares them in moving their career to the next level.
How do I contact the instructor for questions or if I need help? Your instructor is there to ensure you succeed in the course and is in communication with you through-out the course. For all courses, students submit their exercise reports, the instructor reviews the reports and provides feedback. You can also contact your instructor by phone or email and we also provide remote support to students as needed.
Do I Receive a Certificate? Yes, students receive a certificate who successfully complete required exercises.
Do you provide Verifiable hours for CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits? Yes, we provide students with a letter upon request.
How Do I Register? We offer easy online registration, select the Register button on the page. We accept payment with Visa, MasterCard, PayPal, e-Transfer and Cheques. We do not accept American Express. Registration and payments are secure, and we do not share or sell your information. If you prefer to register over the phone, please give our office a call (855) 422-5861.